Cyberserenity about ARCHITECTURE
So the conference is over.After listening to cute stuff, tech stuff and mind blowing stuff. What to bring home?
The conference itself? It is not the same to be there as it is listening to a stream. You can comment, wooot things and generally be there. The feeling is different and that’s a good thing. Virtual world actually works. At lest for me and as we heard for about 40% of the rest of the population.
A side from the tech stuff we also have another thing in common. English. We can talk and listen to each other. English is not my first language so I do not care if I sometimes make a few mistakes. I can communicate. That’s the thing.
Listening to Pathfinder
The tech stuff worked aside from some small glitches but who have been to a conference without tech problems. It is a part of the package, it is ok when people are nice about it and everybody been really nice.
I wanted to listen to as much as I could. I heard about the business side, learning, tech, simulating cities and military. Some more philosophical talks on why we use the metaverse (yes I used that word). But I missed my special interest . Art. Maybe I have to do that one myself for another year.
I liked that many talks was nice to Second life. There is really no competition. I think Second life and Opensim are different sides on the same coin. But Linden lab is a company and need a good business idea, As many Opensim grid owners, money is needed to run the worlds we visit. But I wonder if Linden lab and Second life will be around in 10 years. I think Opensim will. I visited Active worlds some time ago, First time I visited I used a modem and the internet was just starting up. It shows that the Open source idea could help software to survive and evolve. There may be another conference in 10 years.
Never heard a thing about Cloud party. I think people from Cloud party and Linden lab should be invited would be interesting to hear what they have to say. But maybe they do not want to.
There was a lot of talk about the Hypergrid and of course the Hypergrid I seriously cool. This is a game changer. I want to own my stuff on my computer not I some other peoples servers. I think I have to put some of the dev grid on the Hypergrid. Thinking.
So in the true spirit of the Hypergrid I went over to the OSgrid for some official after party. Listened to live music and chatting away.People where coming and going and someone said that we where 36 at most moving around, dancing and no chat lag. Just had to ask. We were running on a 4 core Windows server, with 2 gb of ram I think. I do not really remember because it was getting late and I am a old person.
So the impression that stands out is that it really worked well. Maybe it is time to go to Beta. LOL.
We joined in from all over the world under a common interest and made it something to really remember.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Design work
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Free tool for your 3D needs.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- The artlab early spring
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- Opensim conference:Looking good.
- Clubs in SL
- 2worlds2go in Second life starts to come together.
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- Now we make everything in Virtual worlds Oculus rift compatible.
- Visiting the Lost world on the Hypergrid
- The Mobius grid
- Star trekking on Tangle grid.
- Arduino projects
- A fast hypergrid trip to Francogrid.
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Opensim conference:What to wear.
- Why I want to make the world a better place.
- Another cool feature in Singularity.
- Caledon to get inspiration for new work.
- Opensim conference 2013 exhibit starts to look nice.
- Opensim conference 2013. 3D sketching.
- Time for snowy woods in Lendonia.
- Super cheap 3D for Second life. Wigglegrams
- A city,a city,a city
- Time for Love
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Why I stopped using Second life.
- Back to There World. A fun,fun,,day.
- Still people that write new useful apps for Second life.
- Black forest. Issues with concentration.
- What about that a new Xbox One.
- Lendonia. Mushroom forest.
- No need for a new hype in virtual worlds.
- More immersive virtual life without the Oculus Rift
- Going by train in Caledon.
- A new server for the Developer grid and expanding virtual life.
- The future of virtual communities.
- Building a virtual world.
- Time for another virtual year 2014.
- Some days it is nice to just sit in Second life.
- Do the trucking thing.
- Exploring route 12 in my truck or when Second life works.
- Driving in Second life or scrap the physics engine.
- Exploring There world
- The Cloud party build
- Moving or leaving. That’s the question?
- My fav art place in SL closing down. Avalon town.
- Aurora sim. Big areas to fly around in.
- Second life in my phone.
- At Burn 2. Another thing about Second life I like.
- Being a hypergrid explorer.
- Transfer from Second life to Cloud party.
- i am leaving Google
- Hypergrid soon to have the best builds.
- Summer of gaming. Will virtual reality work?
- On vacation in RL.
- The new hypergrid at 2worlds2go. Some help for the grid admin.
- Getting to the bottom of Second life. This world will live on.
- High Fidelity is like the space program. Not for everybody but there could be spinoff effects.
- And so we recreate our self.
- Memory lane. Some of my builds still standing in SL.
- The Oculus, the brain and rides in Second life.
- Freedom of speech
- The new exhibition at Nilsart gallery. Tomais Ashdene.
- 2014 the year virtual reality changed forever.
- So what to learn from Opensim conference.
- First day at Opensim Conference
- New Oculus Rift project viewer for Second life. It rocks.
- Spending time in the Oculus Rift world. Many things tested.
- In to the void. Two days with the Oculus Rift.
- OSg7b, Talented builders, outdated graphics.
- Using Wordpress now and the blog lives on.
- Friday party at the OSGrid
- Ok my page is now using my SL name but the link does not.
- Without words.
- Opensim conference 2015
- The world turns even if I do not blog
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- All over Second Life. No one there.
- Whats happening.
- Checking out the Great Canadian grid.
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Finally a new home in Second life.
- Hypergrid jump to Torino Italy.
- Hypergrid jumping to Sparkle
- Got my piece ready for OSG9B
- Modern graphics ETS2
- VR is all in flux
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- Avatarfest build. The Lions.
- Haul to Linkoping
- I just love the graphics in this game.
- New Update for Tower
- Burn 2016. Looks smaller somehow.
- Bought a new cool outfit to visit London
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Shopping at the hypergrid
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life
- Visited High Fidelity today.
- Started work on Opensim Lendonia again.
- First High Fidelity avatar.
- Finally i can talk about Sansar.
- The quality of things in Second life.
- Back in to Sansar. Today Bryn Oh.