Cyberserenity about ARCHITECTURE
I am waiting for the day when I can sail and wind and weather makes a difference. My ship moves as it should on beautiful simulated waves.
I have been testing Aurora sim http://aurora-sim.org/ and I used it on a 64 bit Linux install. It is my developer machine for Linux so I have a lot of library's on it and Aurora compiled just fine. No problem to set it up but I never go the database to work so I just switched to MySQL and it worked great.
I wanted a 1024*1024 sim and that was no problem. I got a lot of space. Made a terrain file and installed also worked great. And I loaded some IOR files and then I was in some trouble. Worked for a while and then I got some asset loss. Textures and buildings disappeared. But it is a alpha software so that’s ok I guess. Could be some database or connection problems.
The big think with Aurora sim is that you can get big areas to sail or fly around in and you can move between sims.
The bad thing is that like Opensim and Second life the physics sucks big time.
I have been trying to make skies, surf boards, boats, planes and trucks and it is no use. It is just to bad. I have even tried to make my own physics but the only thing that interacts with the sim is push() and it is not responsive enough to get any feeling.
In Opensim you can run several sims as one but it is a little bit of a hack.
This is my from the OSgrid I have added a island I am building right now. What structure that will finally win Opensim or Aurora I do not know. The developers say that the problem is in the viewers not the servers.
I will continue testing the Aurora installation. Big areas makes it possible to do fun stuff together with friends and There world have a great working physics engine for vehicles so it is possible to make it work. But I think it must be in the viewer.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Design work
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Free tool for your 3D needs.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- The artlab early spring
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- Opensim conference:Looking good.
- Clubs in SL
- 2worlds2go in Second life starts to come together.
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- Now we make everything in Virtual worlds Oculus rift compatible.
- Visiting the Lost world on the Hypergrid
- The Mobius grid
- Star trekking on Tangle grid.
- Arduino projects
- A fast hypergrid trip to Francogrid.
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Opensim conference: Impressions
- Opensim conference:What to wear.
- Why I want to make the world a better place.
- Another cool feature in Singularity.
- Caledon to get inspiration for new work.
- Opensim conference 2013 exhibit starts to look nice.
- Opensim conference 2013. 3D sketching.
- Time for snowy woods in Lendonia.
- Super cheap 3D for Second life. Wigglegrams
- A city,a city,a city
- Time for Love
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Why I stopped using Second life.
- Back to There World. A fun,fun,,day.
- Still people that write new useful apps for Second life.
- Black forest. Issues with concentration.
- What about that a new Xbox One.
- Lendonia. Mushroom forest.
- No need for a new hype in virtual worlds.
- More immersive virtual life without the Oculus Rift
- Going by train in Caledon.
- A new server for the Developer grid and expanding virtual life.
- The future of virtual communities.
- Building a virtual world.
- Time for another virtual year 2014.
- Some days it is nice to just sit in Second life.
- Do the trucking thing.
- Exploring route 12 in my truck or when Second life works.
- Driving in Second life or scrap the physics engine.
- Exploring There world
- The Cloud party build
- Moving or leaving. That’s the question?
- My fav art place in SL closing down. Avalon town.
- Second life in my phone.
- At Burn 2. Another thing about Second life I like.
- Being a hypergrid explorer.
- Transfer from Second life to Cloud party.
- i am leaving Google
- Hypergrid soon to have the best builds.
- Summer of gaming. Will virtual reality work?
- On vacation in RL.
- The new hypergrid at 2worlds2go. Some help for the grid admin.
- Getting to the bottom of Second life. This world will live on.
- High Fidelity is like the space program. Not for everybody but there could be spinoff effects.
- And so we recreate our self.
- Memory lane. Some of my builds still standing in SL.
- The Oculus, the brain and rides in Second life.
- Freedom of speech
- The new exhibition at Nilsart gallery. Tomais Ashdene.
- 2014 the year virtual reality changed forever.
- So what to learn from Opensim conference.
- First day at Opensim Conference
- New Oculus Rift project viewer for Second life. It rocks.
- Spending time in the Oculus Rift world. Many things tested.
- In to the void. Two days with the Oculus Rift.
- OSg7b, Talented builders, outdated graphics.
- Using Wordpress now and the blog lives on.
- Friday party at the OSGrid
- Ok my page is now using my SL name but the link does not.
- Without words.
- Opensim conference 2015
- The world turns even if I do not blog
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- All over Second Life. No one there.
- Whats happening.
- Checking out the Great Canadian grid.
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Finally a new home in Second life.
- Hypergrid jump to Torino Italy.
- Hypergrid jumping to Sparkle
- Got my piece ready for OSG9B
- Modern graphics ETS2
- VR is all in flux
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- Avatarfest build. The Lions.
- Haul to Linkoping
- I just love the graphics in this game.
- New Update for Tower
- Burn 2016. Looks smaller somehow.
- Bought a new cool outfit to visit London
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Shopping at the hypergrid
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life